You don't know where l've been, Lou!


“It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that? “
- The Pursuit of Happyness

All hell let loose in my life the moment I got an android smart phone. The new features and possibility of my rooted (I lost my warranty within a month) android kept me glued to it and enthralled me that I started getting addicted to the momentary happiness whenever there is an update or enhancement. I would go through several technical statistics. (Call me an out of control freak at the moment if you want to; and watch me not care as you read further)

Like a deer running on a mountain range on a foggy day enjoying the blazing moist wind; to fall down the cliff as the cliff ends suddenly; I must admit there was monetary depression in my life as soon as all the props were over. I knew all I had to know. I dug to the core and found whatever I wanted to find. Nothing more, Ground Zero.

Am I that bored to death; one might ask. Or was it the situational coincidence? Finally, I reluctantly decided to unplug from my phone; not that I had any apparent choice.

Arguing on the opposite side did not help me either. Living with nothing to own automatically does not clear away the boredom of not indulging in anything. It was too tempting and I was too tempted.

I believe that man above all requires something to do. Like a cow sitting in a place to chew, a man's mind wanders in search of something to do. Something to keep him occupied.
And on that he must have a check; that he does not go beyond too much in something.

But how much is too much?? I ponder to myself.

In an indifferent universe whatever I am writing becomes meaningless. Indifferent to the previous statement however; by “too much” I wish to ignorantly to pick the point when the activity no longer pleases me but burdens me.

Too much of chicken and beer makes me vomit. Too much love turns into Indifference.

Pacifists become militants.
Freedom fighters become tyrants.
Blessings become curses.
Help becomes hindrance.
More becomes less.
- Goldian Vandenbroeck

And at the end of the day, I thought to deviate from any kind of philosophy. Less is indeed more, but how much of less; is less?

What’s the baseline?

I came up with something called an indifference cycle. It’s not a solution, but rather a statement.
The indifference cycle states that, Indifference is the end of anything you do. The last stage of whatever you do ends in indifference. You can apply this to any event on earth.

The Laptop which you carefully bought and handled is thrown out like shit after it’s broken and not useful anymore.

The beautiful dress which you bought with all emotion and happiness gets thrown out once it starts to tear apart.

I clearly do not intent to live without anything. I want chicken and beer.
This is why sometimes philosophy sucks. You are caught in a double bind. You go up you are damned. You go down you are damned.

So, the best solution is to completely forget every word in this post. You just had a complete waste of time, now go ahead and continue with your life. Hope I haven’t disturbed you at all.

PS : ;) *wink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thedi Choru - A Translation and a Happy New Year

(Updated!) Xolo Q800 – A review with pros and cons

(UPDATED!) Motorola Fire XT/ XT530/ XT531 all in one guide to rooting, Increasing Phone memory, Applications, Tweaks and resources – Compiled