Essential ways to lessen the burden and lubricate your life *No Pun Intended* and getting things done


Hitting bottom isn't a weekend retreat. lt's not a goddamned seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go!
- Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Scientist have discovered that Will power is like a rationed product available to you in limited quantities. The more will power is exercised in one area of life, the weaker it is in another area of life. Of course will power is like a muscle which can be strengthened through practice, but that's not the point here. The point it that, like time, will power is available in limited quantities to exercise in daily decisions. If you are gonna continue to use will power in every activity, you are gonna burn out eventually.

A life lived happily is a life which is well automated which does not allow you to make daily decisions.  

“All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”
― Blaise Pascal, Pensées
The previous quote is so deep that it makes me tingle to just read it. I wonder why I added it here.

I do skipping as part of my daily routine in the morning. However it was difficult every morning to make the decision to skip again and again every day.

I thought about it for a while and found that I didn’t hate skipping. In fact it made me brisk and rigid early in the morning, and I loved the feeling it gave me. I found out that my problem was not with skipping but my problem was,
1. To decide to do skipping, as soon as I woke up by manually thinking about it.
2. Open my cupboard and reach out for the skipping rope.

I made a simple adjustment.

I kept the skipping rope just near by me as I went to bed and the next morning I woke up and automatically went skipping. The decision was made automatically and the circuit was shorted, providing zero resistance.

Actually I never did any of what I told above, regarding the skipping rope, but you get the point. Message delivered.

Get a fast computer, which boots up faster and works as soon as you are logged in, instead of you waiting for the innumerable processes to start in it. The last thing you need is to wait staring at the computer monitor as it keeps starting. I have seen computers which keep on starting ever after the user has logged into the system, making the user wait until the screen fully responds.

If your laptop isn’t fast or very very old, make it faster by running Puppy Linux. It has a boot rime of 20 seconds and is available to you instantly once you log in. The entire OS is so light weight that Word processors open faster on speeds similar to how a notepad opens. Now, that's the power of software.

BTW, I love the way Google chrome opens super fast.

Throw away shit you don't need. The biggest baggage reduction you can do is to just throw or give away stuff you don’t need any more. From the Pokémon cards you've collected when you were in grade 10 which lie bundled in the closet, to the unusually high number of mobile phone chargers left in your house after selling away or losing your mobile phones, with all due respects to Pokémon. Go Pikachu!

When the rest of your life is well at ease, stand back and take decisions that truly matter in life.

Feel better champ.

PS:  There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. – Napoleon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thedi Choru - A Translation and a Happy New Year

(Updated!) Xolo Q800 – A review with pros and cons

(UPDATED!) Motorola Fire XT/ XT530/ XT531 all in one guide to rooting, Increasing Phone memory, Applications, Tweaks and resources – Compiled