Quotes Which Ground me to Reality and some Humour

Thought I’d Pull up a collection of Quotes which have always helped me ground me to something whenever I was having Problems taking decisions.  So here you go.  Some of them are sarcastic, bear with me:P

“Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. -- Oscar Wilde “

First let me Start with Quotes from Fight Club (if you’ve read the previous Posts in my blog, you must have guessed this right):

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
-- Fight Club

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.
-- George Bernard Shaw

No fear. No distractions.The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.
-- Fight Club

Smile. It Scares People.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
-- Fight Club

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
-- Oscar Wilde 

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted. 
-- Fight Club

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

"I amindeed,a king,
because I know how
to rule myself."
-- Pietro Aretino, 10 May 1537

Death is hereditary.

Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don't stand a chance against it. - Joan Vinge.

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

I stopped fighting my inner demons, were on the same side now.

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want?
Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned   -- Tyler Durden -- Fight Club (Comes at the End of the Movie)

Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables - slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. -- Tyler

PS: You should check out Cracked.com. They have amusing articles which are interestingly written. Thanks to Goiyalla.
PPS: Now go ahead and buy me a beer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thedi Choru - A Translation and a Happy New Year

(Updated!) Xolo Q800 – A review with pros and cons

Best Dialogues from V for Vendetta and their meanings and Quotations