The Courage of Nature

There was a Drumstick Tree at an edge in my Home. It was growing in a direction towards which it would get more Sunlight (east). If it grew that way, it would put more leaves on the neighbour’s plot which would make it difficult for them to clean it up.



At home, we decided for the tree that it shouldn’t grow that way.


We cut the branches that would grow towards the Sunlight; and the Tree would Start and grow the same way again.


Talk of Obnoxious perseverance.

I remember when I was asked to maintain Pin drop Silence and not move from my place by the Almighty Class Leader when I was in Grade 2 until the Teacher Arrived.
The Strict Class leader would write down names and show it to the Teacher who might punish Children for being so alive.

I would sit like a statue in class but move my toes and fingers and Smile within myself about the fact that they couldn’t Control everything in me.

That kind of felt good.

 “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
- Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning



A bird settles near my towel and decides that it won’t get up until 6 am the next day even when I try to shake the rope.

It didn’t even look at me when I removed my towel at such Close Proximity.
That is too much courage :P
It was intimidating for me to go near it.

PS: The Tree is Still Intact in my Home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thedi Choru - A Translation and a Happy New Year

(Updated!) Xolo Q800 – A review with pros and cons

(UPDATED!) Motorola Fire XT/ XT530/ XT531 all in one guide to rooting, Increasing Phone memory, Applications, Tweaks and resources – Compiled